Physical Therapy for Children
Is your child recovering from an injury? Are you concerned that your infant or toddler isn’t meeting their physical developmental milestones? Kidology, Inc offers physical therapy for kids in Philadelphia, designed to help them recover from injury or surgery and meet important developmental milestones.
Does My Child Need Physical Therapy?
Kidology, Inc works with children of all ages who need physical therapy or orthopedic training. We see children who need therapy and training for a variety of reasons including,
- Recovery from injury – sports and non-sports related
- Delays in reaching developmental milestones – for example, delayed walking,
balance issues, etc
- Genetic disorders that affect physical development
- Muscle weakness
- Poor coordination or motor skills
- Nerve and muscle conditions such as cerebral palsy
If you’re unsure if your child needs physical therapy, consider,
- Are they meeting their developmental milestones as infants or toddlers?
- Are they showing a strong preference for one side of their body?
- Do they walk in an awkward/atypical way (for example, on the balls of their feet)?
- Are they struggling to keep up with peers during physical play?
- Are they unable to perform the same motor tasks as their peers (jumping,
skipping, hopping, etc)?
- Do they experience pain during motor tasks?
- Are they experiencing difficulty with gripping and holding items or using gripped items?
- Do they trip or fall regularly?
- Are they struggling to catch up to their normal level of physical function after an injury or surgery?
Whatever your child’s needs for physical therapy or orthopedic training, our skilled physical therapists are here to help them recover or meet their milestones.
What Are the Benefits of Physical Therapy?
Every child develops at their own pace, even when it comes to physical milestones. Our physical therapists work closely with your child to determine their needs based on their overall health, past milestones, and physical ability. While the specific benefits of physical therapy will depend on your child’s individual needs, some of the common benefits of physical therapy include,
- Range of motion – bending and straightening joints
- Physical strength
- Improving balance and protective responses
- Improved reflexes including improved grasping
- Improved posture
- Increased muscle tone
Physical Therapy That Balances Fun and Hard Work
Physical therapy requires focus and repetition, but that doesn’t mean kids can’t enjoy the experience. At Kidology, Inc, we strive to create a physical therapy program that is age-appropriate, engaging, and tailored to your child’s needs. We provide activities and games designed to utilize necessary repetition to build strength and muscle memory while making the activity fun.
Are you looking for physical therapy for kids in Philadelphia? Contact us today to learn more about our services and schedule an evaluation.