At Kidology, Inc., we aim to help your child meet their developmental goals. Whether your child needs speech therapy, physical therapy, or other services, our experts can help them meet their milestones. Now, it’s even easier for us to meet your child’s needs, as we’ve just opened our new location – Children Developmental Support in Southampton, PA.
What Services Do We Provide?
Our experts and Kidology, Inc. provide various services to help your child meet their developmental needs. We offer,
- Speech Therapy to help children of all ages develop
- Speech skills
- Language skills
- Bilingual speech
- Special Instruction working one-on-one to help children with developmental delays
- Physical Therapy helps children meet physical milestones, recover from injury, or overcome genetic disorders that affect their physical development
- Occupational Therapy to help your child meet their developmental milestones related to fine or gross motor skills
- Behavior Services to help children struggling with disobedience and other behavioral problems
- Parent and Child Groups designed to help parents take an active part in their child’s developmental or physical therapy
Children Developmental Support in Southampton – How Do I Know If My Child Needs Developmental Services?
Raising children is complicated. Even among siblings, each child has their own individual needs, patterns, and pace of learning and development. It can be difficult for parents to know when their child may fall behind and need extra support. Here are some signs you can look for to determine if your child may need support services offered at Kidology, Inc.
Signs your child may need speech therapy include,
- Using fewer than 20 words by the age of 18 months
- Using unclear or immature speech
- Using only a few sounds in words, they speak
- Talking infrequently
- Hesitancy to talk socially to other children or adults
- Difficulty recognizing letter sounds
Signs your child may need physical therapy or occupational therapy include,
- Not meeting their developmental milestones as infants or toddlers
- Showing a preference to use one side of their body
- Walking in an awkward or atypical way
- Struggling to keep up with peers during play
- Unable to perform the same motor tasks as peers
- Experiencing pain while performing mobile tasks
- Having trouble holding or gripping items
- Tripping or falling regularly
- Struggling to return to physical activities after an injury or surgery
Signs your child may need behavioral services to include,
- In toddlers …
- Repeated biting or kicking
- Aggressive behavior
- In older children …
- Fighting with other children or siblings
- Purposefully damaging property
- Disrespecting authority figures at home or school
- Repeated lying
- Mood swings
- Early sexual activity
- Frequent nightmares or disrupted sleep patterns
- Skipping school
- Anxiety about normal daily activities
- Changes in eating habits
- Using drugs or alcohol
Are You Looking for Developmental Support in Southampton, PA?
Kidology Inc. welcomes everyone. Contact us today if you’re ready to take the next step in your child’s development.